Licensing and Inspection
The Child Care Facilities Licensure Bureau and its staff:
- inspect and license day care facilities and youth camps
- monitor child residential homes
- investigate complaints related to licensed child care facilities and providers
- make inquiries into reports regarding unlicensed facilities
- hold administrative hearings related to child care licensure
Inspections include, but are not limited to, a program review consisting of the care-giver's records check, children's records checks, immunization records checks, facility policies, facility program content, and building and grounds safety.
Staff provides in-service training to child care providers throughout the state on a regular basis. In addition to the mandatory trainings, which include Child Care Regulations and Licensing, Playground Safety, and Directors' Orientation, sessions are available which address child abuse and child neglect identification and reporting, appropriate discipline and guidance, nutrition and menu planning, hand-washing and sanitation, physical activity in child care facilities, and classes specifically related to the development of infants and toddlers. The agency offers all staff development training to providers at no cost.
Child Care Licensure Bureau: (601) 364-2827
143B Lefleur's Square