You can order birth certificates, death certificates and marriage records on-line, by mail, phone or in person by visiting our Vital Records office.
Birth certificates cost $17, with a $6 fee for additional copies of the same record.
- Order Copies of Birth Certificates Online
- Order Birth Certificates by Mail
- Order Birth Certificates in Person
- Order Birth Certificates by Phone
Changes or Corrections
Call our Vital Records office at 601-206-8200 or send e-mail to VRInfo@msdh.ms.gov.
The MSDH Vital Records division maintains Mississippi birth and death records from November, 1912 to the present.
Birth Certificates Outside of Mississippi
If you are a US Citizen born outside Mississippi, check with the National Center for Health Statistics for information regarding your home state.
NCHS Vital Records page
- If you were born in another country, check with the Embassy for that country.
For more information or questions about vital records, contact our Vital Records office by calling 601-206-8200, or by sending e-mail to VRInfo@msdh.ms.gov