Obesity is a major public health concern which contributes to the major chronic disease killers in the state such as heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
Reaching a Healthy Weight
- Guide to Healthy Living
- Choosing Foods for Health and Weight Loss
- The DASH Diet
One of the best eating plans for general health and weight loss
- Mediterranean Diet
An eating approach that emphasizes vegetables, fruit, grains and fish
Tools for Weight Management
- What's Your Healthy Weight?
- Daily Food Planner
Helps you choose the right balance of foods based on your age, weight and physical activity
Public Health Resources
- Mississippi Obesity Action Plan
- Community Strategies to Prevent Obesity CDC
- National School Boards Association National School Board Association