We offer family planning and reproductive health services at over 100 local health departments and county clinics.
We provide a wide range of confidential and professional reproductive health services to both men and women, regardless of income. You may be eligible for free or reduced cost services based on a sliding fee scale.
For assistance locating Family Planning services in your area, please call 601-576-7486.
- The well-being of families
- Healthy mothers and babies
- Unintended pregnancies and abortion through education and contraceptive services
- Planning and timing of pregnancies
Family Planning Waivers
For certain men and women who lack insurance coverage, Medicaid family planning waivers help provide family planning and sexual health services free of charge. See if you qualify.
Family Planning Partnerships
To increase access to reproductive health services, and to prevent gaps in services, MSDH partners with other healthcare agencies to provide quality reproductive health services. To locate these additional providers of reproductive health services, see the Delegate Agency Map in our Resources section.
Reproductive Health Services
- Physical exam, including a medical history, Pap smear, clinical breast exam, height, weight and blood pressure.
- Family planning counseling and education on all contraceptive methods, including abstinence and natural family planning.
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV and sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Birth control supplies
- Sterilization, including counseling, education and referral.
- Pre-conception counseling to help plan your pregnancy.
- Care coordination for certain high-risk clients.
All MSDH Family Planning services are confidential
Find Out More
Mississippi State Department of Health
570 East Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39216-4538
For more information about our programs and services, call 1-800-721-7222 or contact the county health department nearest you.
For more information about Maternal and Child Health Programs and the MCH Block Grant, call 1-800-721-7222.
Your input is important. We want to hear from you about maternal and child health needs, the MCH Block Grant, and programs in Mississippi. Take a moment to share your comments, ideas and concerns with us.