We offer family planning and reproductive health services at over 100 local health departments and county clinics.
We provide a wide range of confidential and professional reproductive health services to both men and women, regardless of income. You may be eligible for free or reduced cost services based on a sliding fee scale.
- The well-being of families
- Healthy mothers and babies
- Unintended pregnancies and abortion through education and contraceptive services
- Planning and timing of pregnancies
Family Planning Waivers
For certain men and women who lack insurance coverage, Medicaid family planning waivers help provide family planning and sexual health services free of charge. See if you qualify.
Reproductive Health Services
- Physical exam, including a medical history, Pap smear, clinical breast exam, height, weight and blood pressure.
- Family planning counseling and education on all contraceptive methods, including abstinence and natural family planning.
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV and sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Birth control supplies
- Sterilization, including counseling, education and referral.
- Pre-conception counseling to help plan your pregnancy.
- Care coordination for certain high-risk clients.
All MSDH Family Planning services are confidential
For more information about our programs and services, call 1-800-721-7222 or contact the county health department nearest you.
We want to hear from you about about maternal and child health needs and programs in Mississippi. Take a moment to share your ideas and concerns with us. Send us a message »