If you need assistance getting to a county health department clinic or office for health services, free transportation is a phone call away.
Ride to a county health department
Ride to a pharmacy
Up to 4 passengers, adult or child
Who It's For
Free transportation is available for:
- Adults: You are at least 18 years old.
- Services: You are visiting a county health department clinic or office for health services, or a WIC appointment.
- Prescriptions: You are visiting a pharmacy to pick up a prescription you received at a county health department clinic.
Who Can Ride
You may have up to four riders in total.
- Someone to help: Bring up to three other people with you if you need assistance during your visit to the health department, especially if you need help moving in and out of a vehicle.
- Children: You can bring up to three children with you as long as the total number of passengers is four or fewer. If your children need car safety seats, you must provide these.
There is a maximum of four passengers, adults and children included. Seat belts must be worn properly at all times, in accordance with Mississippi law.
How to Request Transportation
You can arrange a ride when you schedule an appointment for health services with us, or any time after.
When you make your appointment: When you schedule an appointment for a health department visit, you'll be asked whether you need transportation.
Before you visit: If you didn't arrange a ride when you made your appointment, but decide that you need one, you can call to schedule transportation immediately, or as long as 30 before your appointment.
After an appointment: If you are filling a prescription from your visit to the health department, and need a ride to a pharmacy to pick up prescribed medications, you can call to arrange a ride or to add a stop to your trip.
Request a Ride
MSDH Office of Health Equity
After You Call
After you request a ride:
- You'll receive a confirmation by text message or phone call.
- You'll receive a reminder on your phone the day before your ride, and be asked to confirm your scheduled ride. You'll also receive a reminder 30 minutes before your ride arrives.
- Rides are arranged through Uber. An Uber driver will arrive to take you to your destination.
For more information about the Transportation to Health program, call the MSDH Office of Health Equity at 601-206-1050