The Mississippi State Interagency Coordinating Council (MS SICC) is an advisory council appointed by the Governor to advise and assist the Mississippi State Department of Health in implementing the requirements of Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The MSICC is required by federal regulations (34 CFR §§ 303.600-303.605) and state statute (MS Code 41-87-7).
The MS SICC meets quarterly in January, April, July, and October. All MSICC meetings and records are open to the public. In addition, an opportunity is provided during each meeting for public comments about any relevant topic or concern.
All meetings will hybrid (offered for both in person and online participation) and begin at 9:30 a.m. Information about attending in person or online will be provided on the public meetings website in advance of the scheduled meeting.
All meetings will have ASL interpretation services for the deaf and hard of hearing. If you need additional interpretation services to participate, please contact the Early Intervention Office at 601-576-7427 for arranging interpretation for the meeting.
See recent meeting records below. Minutes are posted as soon as they are approved.
- October 14, 2022 – Minutes
- July 8, 2022 – Minutes
- April 22, 2022 – Minutes
- January 28, 2022 – Minutes
- October 22, 2021 – Minutes
- July 30, 2021 – Minutes
- April 9, 2021 – Minutes
- January 22, 2021 – Minutes
The MS SICC currently has five standing and ad hoc committees:
- Executive Committee – meets three weeks prior to the MS SICC Meetings
- Public Awareness Committee – meets monthly at [time]
- Personnel Preparation Committee – meets monthly at [time]
- Transition Committee – meets monthly at [time]
- Provider Recruitment/Retention Ad Hoc Committee – meets monthly at [time]
All MS SICC Committee meetings are held online and are open to the public. Information about attending online will be provided on the Mississippi public meetings website in advance of the scheduled meeting, as well as on the Mississippi State Department of Health’s meetings calendar.