MSDH's Electronic Death Registration System provides online reporting of fact-of-death and cause-of-death information by appropriate authorities.
All coroners, funeral homes, and hospitals should register with EDRS and file deaths electronically.
EDRS Equipment Requirements
The EDRS is a web-based system and requires the ability to connect with the Internet. EDRS accessible devices can be a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or Chromebook. EDRS will also work on a smart phone but this device is not supported at this time.
How to contact the EDRS Help Desk
For assistance during the regular work day 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, email EDRSHelp@msdh.ms.gov or call 601-206-8275.
EDRS User Guide and Tutorials
- EDRS User Guide PDF
- VIEWS II Integration with EDRS PDF
- EDRS SME Video Tutorial
- EDRS Tutorial: Certified Physicians
- EDRS Tutorial: Coroners and Certified Medical Examiners
- EDRS Tutorial: Facility System Administrators
- EDRS Tutorial: Funeral Clerks and Directors
- EDRS Tutorial: Hospital and Hospice Clerks