- Vaccine requests
- Community vaccination program
- Reporting adverse reactions
- Patient education
Weekly Vaccine Requests
Providers must make a new request each week in order to receive vaccine. Request both first and second doses. Second doses are not sent automatically.
- Vaccine Redistribution: For redistribution, please use the vaccine transfer form below.
- Vaccine Transfer Form
- Order via MIIX
for at least 100 doses of Moderna, 100 doses of Janssen*, 100 doses of pediatric Pfizer (ages 5 to 11), or 300 doses of adult (ages 12 and up) Pfizer vaccine.
Delivery: Moderna vaccine orders usually arrive in 1-2 days, and Pfizer orders in 3 days.
* Note: The FDA has limited Janssen COVID-19 vaccine use to certain patients. More information
If your facility plans to administer COVID-19 vaccine, you must enroll as a COVID-19 provider.
For a healthcare personnel or healthcare facility to receive and administer vaccine priority groups, including healthcare staff, you must be enrolled as a COVID-19 vaccine provider.
Individual healthcare providers and personnel do not have to be enrolled as COVID-19 vaccine providers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program
MSDH is offering funding from the CDC to ensure greater equity and access COVID-19 vaccine by those disproportionately affected by COVID-19. MSDH needs the assistance of enrolled immunization providers to administer COVID-19 vaccination within their local communities. Populations that have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 include, but are not limited to:
- People in racial and ethnic minority groups
- People living in rural communities
- People who are underinsured or uninsured
- Communities with high social vulnerability index
Letters of authorization, facts sheets and resources for providers and recipients.
Planning and Training
- MSDH Provider Training Toolkit: A complete guide for providers
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations (CDC)
- Video: Introductory meeting for COVID-19 vaccination providers
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccination Training Programs for Healthcare Professionals Public Health Foundation
Reporting Adverse Reactions (VAERS)
The preferred way to submit an adverse reaction report to the CDC's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is with their online form.
- Submit an online report to VAERS
The online VAERS Report must be completed and submitted in the same 20-minute session; it cannot be saved and edited at a later time.
- Download a PDF form to submit
This writeable PDF form can be downloaded and completed electronically on your own time.
- Submit a completed PDF form
Submit a writeable PDF that you have completed offline.
- How to talk to your patients about COVID-19 vaccination CDC
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine CDC
- How COVID-19 Vaccines Work CDC
- Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines CDC
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination CDC
- Pfizer vaccine fact sheet for recipients PDF
- Moderna vaccine fact sheet for recipients PDF
- Janssen vaccine fact sheet for recipients PDF