Public and charter schools may apply for funds to install automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
The MSDH Bureau of EMS (BEMS) regulates the Automated External Defibrillators in Public and Charter Schools Grant Program. This program provides funds to entities to help supply allocated funds for public and charter schools to purchase AEDs. This is a first-come first-served program. Schools can fill out an application and request a specific number of AEDs, but the BEMS will determine how many each school receives depending on available funding.
Regulations specific to the AED Grant Program may be found in the EMS Rules and Regulations:
Before You Apply
You should preapre the following information to include with the online application below.
- A brief description of your organization, its purpose and why AED placement makes sense for your school. Cite specific emergency examples or data that demonstrates the need for AED placement.
- Your proposed CPR and AED training for first responders and how often this training will be accomplished
- Your proposed retraining program for CPR and AED training
- How you will activate EMS when needed
- Your proposed procedures for ensuring AED readiness
- Your proposed method for scheduling and conducting AED maintenance checks
- Your proposed method for capturing data
- Your proposed method for patient care transfer to local EMS agency
- Your proposed method for cardiac event review
- Your proposed method for quality improvement
- Your proposed method for rescuer debriefing
For assistance with the application, questions, or additional information, please contact:
Steven Jones, NRP
EMS Operations Manager
AED Grant Program Manager
310 Airport Road South
Pearl, MS 39208