Make a Health Facility Complaint

Complaints concerning nursing homes, personal care homes, or other health and care facility that we license.
This page has been automatically translated from English. MSDH has not reviewed this translation and is not responsible for any inaccuracies.

You may file a complaint on-line or by phone against a facility or program licensed by MSDH if you believe you received poor quality care.

What Agency is Right for Your Complaint?

Certain complaints are handled better by other agencies. Check this list before you file a complaint.

ConcernState AgencyContact
Neglect or mistreatment: A vulnerable adult, such as an elderly family member, is being neglected or mistreated: not receiving medical treatment, suffering poor hygiene or living conditions, etc.Mississippi Department of Human Services — Adult Protective Services844-437-6282
Financial fraud: A vulnerable person’s money is being taken, or their finances are being misused.Mississippi Attorney General800-852-8341
Medicaid or Medicare fraudMississippi Division of Medicaid800-880-5920 or 601-576-4162
Complaints against doctors or medical clinicsMississippi Board of Medical Licensure601-987-3079
Complaints against nurses, such as mistreatment, abuse or neglect of patients/residents.Mississippi Board of Nursing601-957-6300

File a Compaint with MSDH

If you would prefer to make a complaint by phone, call 800-227-7308 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Use the form below to file an online complaint. Please note that to file an online complaint, some fields are required.

Please include as much information as possible when submitting your complaint. The response and timing of any investigation by Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) will be based upon the information you provide. Reporting a concern as soon as possible will make it easier for you to remember the facts, and it will assist MSDH in gathering important information.

If you wish to remain completely anonymous do not complete the section "Who Is Filing This Complaint?". You may choose to remain completely anonymous. If you do, however, MSDH will not be able to contact you to obtain additional information or reach you to notify you of the results of the investigation.

How We Will Respond to Your Complaint

If your concern involves a possible violation of a Federal or State regulations, MSDH will take appropriate action. The investigation may include a review of records, interviews, and resident/facility observations. If your concern does not fall under the jurisdiction of MSDH, your concern will be referred to the appropriate agency.

At the end of the investigation, MSDH will notify you in writing of the results if you provide your contact information on the complaint form.

Who is filing this complaint? (Optional)

What facility is this complaint about?

Tip: Find the address of a facility and other information in our Health Facilities Directory ».

What patient or resident does this involve?

What is your complaint?

Did you report it?

What needs to be done?

Subscribe to our free newsletter and health alerts: 
Last reviewed on Nov 6, 2018
Mississippi State Department of Health 570 East Woodrow Wilson Dr Jackson, MS 39216 866-HLTHY4U web@HealthyMS.com

Facebook Twitter Instagram RSS

Accredited by the national Public Health Accreditation Board