The Mississippi State Department of Health seeks a Public Health Laboratory Scientist to perform complex testing on a variety of specimens, samples, products and materials in accordance with established procedures and under the supervision of a section team lead.
This role will:
- participate in accessioning to ensure that all specimens, samples, products and materials are accounted for, appropriately handled, and properly and completely tested;
- document, enter, transcribe, record, store and maintain data in written and electronic form to ensure defensibility;
- report test results in compliance with procedures and policies using various methods, including electronic data transfer, computer printouts, handwritten forms, fax, telephone, and in-person, while maintaining confidentiality of reports;
- operate a wide variety of instrumentation and equipment in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures;
- and perform preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment used in assigned area according to standard operating procedure.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory technology, neuroscience, and cognitive studies; public health, clinical laboratory science, or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 24 hours of science coursework.
Send résumé to:
Mississippi State Department of Health
Human Resources Office
Attn: Jennifer Miles
P.O. Box 1700
Jackson MS 39215-1700
The Mississippi State Department of Health, 570 East Woodrow Wilson Dr., Jackson MS 39216