- Uninsured, underinsured, medically underserved and minority women
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program Eligibility Guidelines
- No Medicaid/Insurance/Medicare or other method of reimbursement
- Women 40-49 qualify for mammograms when funds, such Susan G. Komen/Memphis Mid-South Mississippi Affiliates are available
- Must be 40-64 years of age for Pap Exam
- Must be 50-64 years of age for Mammogram
- Screening and/or diagnostic mammograms annually for women 50 years of age and older
- Ultrasound. Fine needle aspiration of the breast and breast biopsy, if indicated
- Colposcopy and biopsy, if indicated
- Follow-up and referral for abnormal Pap exams and/or Mammograms
- Educational programs for professional and the public
- Medicare-Eligible Women
BCCP will not provide additional screening services (Pap exam, pelvic exam, or clinical breast exam). All Medicare eligible women should be referred for appropriate screening/rescreening. BCCP will not provide additional screening services (Pap
exam, pelvic exam, or clinical breast exam).
- Women 50-64 years of age
A minimum of 75% of all program-eligible women who are provided a
mammogram by the BCCP must be 50 to 64 years of age.
- Women under 50
Must not exceed 25% of all program-eligible women who are provided a
mammogram by the BCCP.
Annual coverage for a screening mammogram for women 65 years of age and older.
- Pap Exam/Pelvic Exam
Covered every 3 years, unless a women is at high risk for cervical cancer. If at high risk,
coverage is provided annually.
- Clinical Breast Exam
Specifically included as part of the office visit for a Pap exam/pelvic exam. Therefore,
coverage would be provided every 3 years, unless a women is at high risk.
Women can be referred to Medicaid who:
- Have been screened for breast and cervical cancer under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Need treatment for breast or cervical cancer.
- Are not yet 65
- Must be a resident of the state of Mississippi
- Are not otherwise covered by creditable coverage as defined in the Public Health Services Act PL 106-354
Susan G. Komen Memphis Mid-South Mississippi Affiliates Funds
The Mississippi Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) receives funding from the Susan G. Komen Memphis Mid-South Mississippi Affiliates to provide mammograms for medically underserved women. The funds will be used to reimburse for screening mammograms for women between the ages of 40-49 who meet eligibility criteria and are enrolled in the BCCP. Women between the ages of 18-39 enrolled in the program MUST be approved by the Director or Nurse Consultant to receive these funds.
However, guidelines for the BCCP HAVE NOT CHANGED. These additional mammograms will be provided as long as funds are available.
For more information about the program, please call 1-800-721-7222.
Find this page at