The COVID-19 Mississippi Local Provider Innovation Grant Program provides funding to local health care providers for the purpose of strengthening and improving the health care system and increasing access to health care services to help communities achieve and maintain optimal health by providing transitional assistance to providers.
Eligible entities include local health care providers. Local Health Care Provider means a facility that is licensed, certified or otherwise authorized or permitted by law to provide health care in the ordinary course of business in the State of Mississippi, including, but not limited to, skilled nursing facilities, direct primary care clinics, provider owned clinics, rural health clinics, academic medical centers, community health centers and/or independent physician practices.
Eligible activities for the MSLPI Grant Program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting a market study of health care services needed and provided in the community.
- Acquiring and implementing new technological tools and infrastructure, including, but not limited to, telemedicine delivery methods, development of health information exchange platforms to electronically share medical records, electronic health record optimization, purchasing connected devices, upgrading digital devices, improving broadband connectivity, public health reporting, and implementing online or mobile patient appointment management applications.
- Supporting the implementation of population health management.
- May include continuation of on-going innovation projects that were implemented any time after the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in Mississippi (March 12, 2020).
NOTE: Funds received through the MSLPI Grant Program cannot be used to pay employee premium payments.
Regulations and Legislation
Senate Bill 2820 adopted by the Mississippi State Legislature in its regular 2022 session authorized the Mississippi State Department of Health to adopt rules and regulations to establish and administer the COVID-19 Mississippi Local Provider Innovation (MLPI) Grant Program.
Questions and Answers
- Grant application form SmartSheet
- Application instructions PDF