The purpose of the Community Research Fellows Training is to promote the role of racial/ethnic and other underserved populations in the research enterprise by increasing the capacity for community based participatory research between academia researchers, public health workers, community based organizations, and community health workers serving Mississippi.
- Enhance community knowledge and understanding of research and create a network of trained community members who may be able to serve on Institution Review Boards and community research advisory boards.
- Evaluate the Community Research Fellows Training Program.
Potential Benefits to Participants
- Participants will learn skills and tools that will help them to become more effective in improving the health of their local communities.
- Participants will be able to engage and network with community leaders, public health professionals, and researchers with similar interests in improving health and health outcomes in Mississippi.
- Participants will be able to serve a vital role in ensuring that community research projects are designed and implemented to positively impact their communities.
Recent CRFT graduates