The Medicaid Family Planning Waiver program is part of the EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment) services. It helps make these services available to women and men from 13 to 44 years of age:
- Medical exams
- Lab services
- Follow-up doctor visits
- Birth control
Who is the program for?
Women and men from 13 to 44 who live in Mississippi and also:
- Meet the Medicaid income requirements
- Have not had surgery to prevent pregnancy
- Are U.S. citizens or legal U.S. residents
Where are services available?
You can receive these services from:
- Any Medicaid provider
- Community Health Centers
- County Health Departments
The application form is available online. When completed, it can be returned to the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
For more information
To find out more, call or stop by your local health department, or:
- Call the state Medicaid office at 601-359-6050 or 1-800-421-2408
- Visit the Medicaid EPSDT page